Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
SNES - Playstation prototype found after 25 years

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 238
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(07-04-2015, 02:03 PM)Catone Wrote: Frankly the bottom half looks like its spent several years in the house of someone who smoked alot. (Only time I've seen that shade of plastic). The top half looks fairly new and polished.

Nintendo used some plastic in the 90's that was becoming yellowish after years. Not all SNES case are like that but I think more of the early models, including the bottom of my own SNES. That could explain that. Just look at any computer screen from the 90's.

@Lockirby: I couldn't find the article since Firefox clears my browsing history on closing but it was a one line thing like "This discovery is so big that one might think of a fake but after seeing the photos I can say I think it's a real prototype". There wasn't really any argument to back up this.

Personally while I think you could build that you can't fake what is inside and how it works to the point of selling it like a fake painting. If an expert opens the prototype, they know rapidly if this is a hoax or not. You can't just put a SNES and PSX together and claim to have found a SNES-CD and the sell it. The PXS components would probably not be the same as the PSX that came out in 1996? since this prototype is at least 5 years older.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: SNES - Playstation prototype found after 25 years - by madsiur - 07-04-2015, 05:09 PM