Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
SNES - Playstation prototype found after 25 years

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 238
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(07-04-2015, 12:19 AM)Tenkarider Wrote: About the console... since he did a video too, there are 2 chances:
1) it's real;
2) it's homemade, but that would be quite impressive too, assuming that the console works for real... it would mean he made on his own a console with some quite interesting features.

We can't be 100% sure until he plugs it in, but chances are pointing toward option #1. Option 2 is not really possible, there's more chances someone would have just assembled an empty case. I have read on a French site that a French video game historian thinks this is genuine.

First of all I would dump on a computer the cartridge (looks like a SFC cartridge) and disc then open it up to make sure it can work with the help of someone who can detect if there is any leaking or damaged pieces. Then I would make sure he finds the RIGHT power adapter. Then I would cross my fingers and start the thing. If this prototype is real, it belongs to a museum. I wonder what the two demos are (it's written "for demo purpose" in Japanese on the cartridge and the guy says he has a disc too). They could aslo dump the PSX BIOS for archival purpose. I just hope this is not a hoax or that the guy doesn't f**k this up.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: SNES - Playstation prototype found after 25 years - by madsiur - 07-04-2015, 12:31 AM