Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF6 ROTDS first time run playthrough

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 149
Thanks Given: 160
Status
Nattak\'d
Totally had a huge reply going on here and accidentally pressed some key right next to the Shift key that made me go back, and now it's gone =X Ugh.

I'll try again, and turn a light on, but sadly it won't be the same or as long =(

So for the Aerith battle, I agree she does seem way stronger than she should be, and testing the battle out a lot more today she did seem to win more than I first thought against him. She shouldn't be winning at all though like you say, that hopefully got remedied here today. I strengthened him and weakened her basically both stats and battlescript, and now she seems to not be able to win at all. As for her putting Cloud to shame in terms of power, just try and imagine that Cloud and his giant ass sword kills people faster and more efficiently than her magic, which is how he is able to guard her...while she runs away. Really though, I see your point 100% and hopefully after adjusting her battle script a bit and being able to lose to Kefka now for sure, it won't seem AS bad, but yeah just pretend Cloud and his sword>Aerith and her magic, if it came down to it in a protection scenario.

Totally spaced my mind about 4 possible Soma Drop steals from Ultros. I suppose it should be won instead of stolen? Although it is an okay reward for having to face the guy 3-4 times. I dunno, good call on that though.

Catastrophe, which is chainsaw essentially I don't think I changed in terms of power. But yeah it is strong as f**k, that early. But at least one has to do that whole long rare item quest to get it...

About the sealed gate and soldier in there, that soldier should be able to block the player up until it is actually time to get in there. I'm not sure what you might be referring to. I don't see anyway the player can get stuck or get past him somehow. And for the chocobo, I went and added the new tiles that block the choco from going behind the mountains as well on that island, so we should be good there now. But yeah I'm curious about why the soldier will not work in a later segment, please do tell! I think the soldier idea there is cool I doubt I could come up with anything "better" than that, so I hope whatever you are thinking he wont work later on is wrong XD.

Consider the Riot Mecha able to run from now, good thinking. And maybe lessening the encounter rate of them, but I think you just had a string of bad encounter luck.

Good feedback on Proton, duly noted!

Shijima as I recall in the dream segment, Oboro's friend does say that he was killed. So then in the next dream when he says it was Shijima who was following them there and fatally wounded his friend, so he was summoned back. I think Oboro says something about the lost art of Summoning. So basically Kefka summoned him back, I think is where I was going with that. And Kefka summoned him back there during the mine cart escape. Kefka is supposed to be able to summon things in this hack in other words lol. So Oboro killed Shijima before, but he was summoned back. His arch-rival of sorts. Probably could have been executed better story-wise, but meh. Glad you like the song selection! Suikoden II is awesome and Luca is one epic villain I agree.

Those skulls was a tricky one to try and balance, they basically power themselves up if not frozen from time to time was the whole dynamic behind that battlescript that Lord Envoy whipped-up. It was a tricky one to set up as well, but I hope it is clear what needs to be done in terms of them powering up and all. Glad nothing bad to report about it though it sounds like!

Going to click post reply now before I lose this one =/

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: FF6 ROTDS first time run playthrough - by Gi Nattak - 06-09-2015, 01:33 AM