Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy 6 Alternative Universe project (Latest update: 02 06 2015)

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
As far as the syngerist goes, (I didn't play 13 long enough to remember what that did exactly) since your limiting magic, and having a character that is specifically for doing such things, are you going to have buffs/ailments actually do something?

Better explination as to what I mean by "something", ailments/buffs are tricky. In one direction you have (as alot of FF games do) ailments are virtually worthless because anything thats tough enough to require this type of spell is usually immune or debuffs every turn, or as in other games, these spells are all but required to survive (FF IV TAY for instance, slow and stacking shell/protect was almost a requirement for boss fights without several hours of grinding beforehand.)

As I said, tricky. Make the effects to overpowered and the player can breeze through the game on them alone, not strong enough and... well they remain like vanilla FF6. To be honest I don't think I ever cured poison in battle in FF6. It was a waste, the monster either cast it every turn or it just didnt do enough dmg to matter. Its not a major thing, you might already have plans or other changes that make said spells relevent. Just mentioning it for the sake of mention, and a degree of curiosity.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Fantasy 6 Alternative Universe project (Latest update: 26 05 2015) - by Catone - 05-28-2015, 09:08 AM