Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy 6 Alternative Universe project (Latest update: 02 06 2015)

Threads: 8
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
Alright, and this is the basic list of the playable cast.

FF6 project cast
Terra - Daryl (Recoloured and this is my own spritesheet for her)
Locke - Clyde (Used with permission from Poco Loco)
Cyan - Draco (Poco Loco created it, though I didn't officially ask for permission yet.)
Shadow - Arvis (Used with permission from Poco Loco)
Edgar - Alicia (My custom Celes)
Sabin - Adair (recoloured Wedge / Biggs from a now unregistered user)
Celes - Alexis (recoloured Lorial from a now unregistered user)
Strago - Banon
Relm - Relm
Setzer - Setzer
Mog - Yuki (White version of esper Terra)
Gau - Gau
Gogo - Gestahl (Place holder)
Umaro - Umaro
Banon (Guest)
Leo - Gerald (Edgar looks good in that palette!)
Ghost - Ghost

the Kappa is now also the Returner (Poco Loco) and is being used in the new distraction to let Clyde get into Figaro.

For this, I am also using Tin Man's general Kefka (with permission) and I'm not not sure, for 2 of the main cast, they were being used with permission from another user, but that user seems to... be gone now.

their profile says they're unregistered...

I have some other updates I could post right now, but I don't want to give away too much about the changes.

I'll give a new boss example, in it, we have the tentacles from the castle's engine room being used as a new boss in a forest where there's a main boss (a big flower) and the tentacles are now ivy that constricts and captures the team, and this boss is going to be confronted during the scenarios instead of the train. (Which saves me SO MUCH space for different sprites!)

Edit:

I have a couple screenshots to show you.

Well, not technically screenshots, but its an image. =P

[Image: ff6_project_wip_figaro_map_by_video_boy_mal-d8uizas.jpg]

This is the wip Figaro area, it's going to be between 2 rivers and to the top left, we can cross a bridge to go to Kolington instead of having to transport the castle, and if we go down and to the right, we can go to the normal cave.

As for the forest, I'm wanting to try something out to see if I CAN do it, which is to terraform the normal mountains and keep all of the same exits and whatnot, and merely make it a forest instead of a mountain.

---

This was the main cast, but actually looking at the image on the forum, I realized I didn't need to make it... so big. I'll upload a smaller one later.

I just spent the last 4 hours racking my brain trying to find out why the monsters sprites were messed up for ones I didn't even alter.

After extensive testing of my various backups, it turns out that using the improvement patch scrambles quite a few monster sprites. (When I first joined here, people were telling me to use that as the absolute base for any projects since it fixed so many bugs ingame.)

So, I ended up having to get my fresh file and go one by one and export and import each monster sprite in order to correct it.

...Which took quite some time, but I fixed it. =3

...And then I found out I fixed my 2nd backup out of 17. (Hits head against the wall)

So now I need to fix the monster sprites again or redo all of my other progress. =P

Progress so far:
I have the spritesheets for the main characters done (I had to redo parts of several spritesheets, such as Daryl in order to fix her coat, or adding sleeves to the soldiers.

I renamed all of the playable characters and assigned their abilities according to their role.

Ie, Clyde is the new Locke, and as a thief, he is able to steal and he has a toolkit, which he would presumably use for all of his thieving purposes. (Instead of Edgar having it.)

Elyssa has the Seiken (Shock) ability and the Decree (Control) as she is a queen and would presumably have respect among enemies to the point that they say 'Dood, she's a queen, I gotta do what she says.'

Out of my other changes, there are 5 magic elements, and they are Fire, Ice, Thunder, Earth and Wind, and there's 5 people who are capable of using magic.

Magic is also taught by equipping weapons and armour, the way it is now is that offensive abilities is through the weapon, and defensive ones are either through armour or relics.

I also got a notepad setup of the default equipment and I divided it in full among who can use what (weapons are unique per person with nothing being shared) while armour was put into categories; there's 3 main ones of robes, light armour and heavy armour and based on each person's background and role, they are able to use suitable ones.

As well as this, I have several unique pieces of armour that directly relates to what each person is actually wearing to serve as the default and ultimate armour.

For Daryl, her base armour is a 'Leather Coat' and its flavour text mentions how its worn in from years of service and is unsuitable for actual combat.

Whereas her ultimate armour is currently being decided for the name, since I had an idea but unsure if it might be seen as offensive, which was 'Gestapo Coat' and I also considered 'Bancho Jacket' (a bancho is a gang leader) or simply 'Imperial Coat'.

Note, I am Jewish and my grandmother was in a concentration camp.

I fully divided up the magic among the magic users and decided on which spell is learnt from which piece of equipment.

I added in several custom weapons (Poco Loco's Gun and Throwing Knives) and personally modified every one of Yuki's weapons to resemble icicles.

I wrote the dialogue in full up to Figaro Castle.

Some misc things and spent ages trying to find out why the monster sprites weren't working. =P

In terms of immediate progress, I need to finish sorting the monster sprites on the newest version of the project and do some testing, after that, I'll try to fix anything wrong and try to dabble lightly in event editing, just to start, I'll fix the prologue.

Ie, make Daryl do certain actions and switch places with Biggs so that she's the 'leader'.

┬──┬ ノ(゜-゜ノ) I return thee table to thy intended position, mankind does not mean to flip you so often.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Fantasy 6 Alternative Universe project - by Murak Modder - 05-23-2015, 01:02 PM