Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Silhouettes

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
OK, so I definitely understand the jump principle now, I have expanded my rom as large as ff3usme lets, because I frankly couldn't see a reason to leave condensed. So yeah, will work on moving some events so I can expand on them. Thanks for that.

In ff6le I know about the event squares, that is how I have found my way around certain events, and I have tried every method I can imagine to find the entrance events, and I thought I had found it once, but then I still couldn't find the part of the event that controlled Shadow's actions. If I could find that code I should be able to just add the same code that catone gave me from the Mt. Kolts event and presto, shadowy figure. (BTW, the sprite on Mt. Kolts is definitely Sabin, and was always supposed to be Sabin as far as I was concerned. That line about Vargas following you is nonsense.)

So just to give up the ghost so that I can get this sorted, Shadow has replaced Locke as your 2nd actor, so it clearly doesn't make sense to have Shadow in SF. So I wanted the entirety of SF to be about Sabin and Duncan and such and their philanthorpy and good-doing while the Nobels rub elbows with the empire type scenario. So to see Sabin earlier in SF makes perfect sense, but to have him so obviously exposed that early ruins a little suspense and makes him being silhouetted on the Mt. silly. So there's the story.. I have looked and looked, and for some reason my brain won't let me continue until I get over this hurdle. Been hanging me up since April, and with the limited time I get to work on this, that's very detrimental. I even just considered removing it all together (I could probably just make it branch as if the bit is already set without checking) but I want it to be there. The foreshadowing is important to me, but I'll remove it if I have to. (Though just leaves a bunch more junk code in the ROM, which is never a great thing.) Thanks so much for the help, it'll be really stupid if I'm just missing something in the level editor and I could have moved one month's ago. Cover
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Silhouettes - by justincreedon - 04-18-2015, 10:09 PM
RE: Silhouettes - by JWhiteLXXXIX - 04-19-2015, 12:25 AM
RE: Silhouettes - by Tenkarider - 04-19-2015, 01:53 AM
RE: Silhouettes - by Gi Nattak - 04-19-2015, 02:29 PM
RE: Silhouettes - by Tenkarider - 04-19-2015, 03:12 PM
RE: Silhouettes - by Catone - 04-19-2015, 04:38 PM
RE: Silhouettes - by justincreedon - 06-08-2015, 05:55 PM
RE: Silhouettes - by Catone - 06-08-2015, 09:51 PM
RE: Silhouettes - by Gi Nattak - 06-08-2015, 11:06 PM
RE: Silhouettes - by justincreedon - 06-09-2015, 12:58 AM