Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mass Sprite Sheet Expansion Battle & NPC

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
I still like that picture the best...

Anyway, planning on posting an "all but complete" version of the BASE/CORE patch shortly.

I say "all but complete" because it still has room for more stuff to be added, not that it doesn't work, is broke, or needs more code (least it doesn't need more code unless issues discovered in testing). It will probably get updated a few times, BUT is very usable depending on what the user plans to do and how much custom work is done after installing. So no reason not to "release" this version. It won't be the FINAL version of the CORE patch though so keep that in mind.

I'm going to do something a little odd with the readme. Frankly, anything beyond how/what to install is pretty open ended. So I have no clue what to write in the readme beyond basic install instructions. Beyond that anything will be added on as as needed/mentioned basis.

Just for my own sake of not forgetting, basic installing proceedure is currently as follows:

Headered- V1.0 Rom
FF3usME expansion to 32mbit (and any other desired "Manage Expanded ROM" features)
Apply SEx Patch (What's wrong with "Sprite Expansion Patch" for a name?)
Apply SEx-Pot Patch if desired ("Sprite Expansion - Portraits" portraits using sprites as base)
Apply Madsiur's expansion patch for LE+, expanded Map/NPC/Exit/+ patch
Apply SEx-ED Patch (In-Progress. "Sprite Expansion - Event Dialog Patch")

*Edit* Due to a "whoops" on my part, and doing things with my eyes closed... Madsiur's LE+ patch is probably going to be included in the Core/Base patch. Unless he would rather it not be, or several people have major issues with that being included. (It was required anyway for LE to work anyway I just really didn't intend on having it be part of this patch directly.) It can be sepperated, I think, but would require alot of back tracking. As I said... "whoops". 

Okay, I know I need to work on the actual name of this. The original name doesn't really fit with the final product. I'm working on it.

Still open to suggestions, ideas, custom sprites with vanilla palettes (still have a few open slots), and a few vanilla sprites that could use full sheets. (Need to update that list of complete again its alot bigger, any/all esper sheets still needed I know. Least I'd like to have them anyway.)

Think that covers it for the moment.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mass Sprite Sheet Expansion Battle & NPC - by Catone - 01-03-2016, 09:44 AM