Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mass Sprite Sheet Expansion Battle & NPC

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
[Image: bl8xwlibw3brvnnzg.jpg]

So, I actually got to test the whole thing directly using them as NPCs instead of just PCs and in battle, using LE+ (Big thanks to Madsiur on that one). After some tweaking, fixing a few typos, and doing several things I had just forgot to change/import here is the result.

No, it is not possible to get 66 (I think) NPCs on a map at one point in time. Actually, while it would let me put 31 on the map it would only draw the first 19 at one time. Never ran into that before, course this is also the first time I've tried to put that many NPC on one single map all in one screen so...

The point is: Yes this screen shot is edited together. I had to display 19 at a time, screenshot, then put the screenshots together. That being said, other than alot of shuffling around in the LE nothing else was added or changed during the making of it.

Other notes:
NO I do not have full PC style sheets for every single sprite in this shot, some are still just NPC sheets ready for full sheets.
NO I could not fit every single potentially playable sprite on the map, a few are left out (about 10 or 12 I think) and I'm still making room to add a few more custom sprites (If I can find some fitting ones that work with vanilla palettes.

All that aside, I'm really liking this screenshot. Goes pretty far in showing the size of it all (better than a battle screenshot anyway).

Also, another Thanks to Zozma for cranking out a ton of expanded NPC sheets and keeping them in vanilla palettes. It has really helped take alot of needless guess work and temporary "filler" work out of the job. (Not to mention the extra work I would have had to do to removing the temporary filler sprites).

For the record, I didn't reduce the size of the inserted picture because of all the stuff in it, AND I was a little to proud of it to put it behind a spoiler tag. Will probably go back in a day or two and scale it down more reasonably, but at the moment I just couldn't make myself do it. Forgive me.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mass Sprite Sheet Expansion Battle & NPC - by Catone - 12-27-2015, 06:20 PM