Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Guest Adder Patch and Events

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Thank you for that wonderful answer. Based on that information, I should be able to do some playing in C3 with the code that checks if the character can be equipped, add an extra check to see if the character in question is one added by the Guest Adder, and allow them to be equipped. As long as an event does not overwrite that guest, they'll keep the equipment. (I did check this by changing the value at C3/2084 from C9 0E to C9 FF, equiping a guest in the WoR, removing the item, dropping the guest, regain the item, put the guest in the party and they still had the relics I put on them.) So in that quick test, yes the equipment was saved since the patch had no reason to overwrite the data in that guest slot.

That change has the side effect of allowing EVERYONE to equip relics though, so as I said, I'll have to add another check after the original to check for the special guest.

The current task I'm looking at should be do-able as well. If I add the above checks, replace the normal Banon with one from the Guest Adder patch, via an event. He will be a full party member (minus magic) during the Lete River. If I add the linked Guest Adder item when I reach the Narsh Battlefield, it should leave whatever that Banon had since nothing changed as far as that guest slot (meaning he'd still have his exp from the River, and whatever equipment added) and he'd be in the roster for the Battlefield.

Hrm, unless the Ghost from the Phantom Train overwrite the "guest" slots... that could be an issue but I thought they overwrote character slots that were not recruited yet?

Anyway, if all that works out, at the end of the Battlefield, I remove all equipment from the new Banon, and remove the linked item from the inventory and he's gone for the rest of the WoB. The Kefka or Leo that are created as guest during the Thamasa event shouldn't be disturbed as long as they are created during the Thamasa event. Allowing me to have a Temporary, fully functional (again not counting magic) Banon for the Narsh Battlefield. Then a possible recruiting in the WoR by adding the linked item again.

I'm not sure if I explained that all clearly, but it sure made since when I thought it. Regardless, it should work!

Thanks again!

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Guest Adder Patch and Events - by Catone - 03-19-2015, 12:31 PM
RE: Guest Adder Patch and Events - by dn - 03-19-2015, 01:15 PM
RE: Guest Adder Patch and Events - by Catone - 03-19-2015, 02:25 PM
RE: Guest Adder Patch and Events - by Gi Nattak - 03-19-2015, 03:16 PM
RE: Guest Adder Patch and Events - by Catone - 03-19-2015, 03:53 PM
RE: Guest Adder Patch and Events - by HatZen08 - 03-19-2015, 08:34 PM
RE: Guest Adder Patch and Events - by Catone - 03-19-2015, 09:58 PM
RE: Guest Adder Patch and Events - by Tenkarider - 03-19-2015, 10:10 PM
RE: Guest Adder Patch and Events - by Scorcher - 03-19-2015, 10:28 PM
RE: Guest Adder Patch and Events - by HatZen08 - 03-19-2015, 11:36 PM