Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer)

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Prowess
-Yeah, I realize where the enemy with Blizzard is, but you should still get maximum walking distance before an encounter if you get an encounter before you reach Tritoch. If you were guaranteed 20 steps(as an idealized scenario) between every battle, you could get a battle before Tritoch, do the stuff in Arvis's house, go across the bridge into the cave, and then have 20 steps to move to the save point(which I believe is just shy of it, though).

-Not a fan of Confuse, are you? It is certainly one of the deadliest statuses in FFVI, just because of the balancing with character skills versus enemy skills.

-Sometimes the Coliseum battles can be really unforgiving. I generally don't bother with it until just before I enter the Fanatics' Tower, which is the last thing I do before Kefka's tower. Generally by then, a quick look at the text file will allow a setup that walls all of the enemy skills.

-A level 49 enemy? Surely it must be a rare encounter. I don't recall the last time I saw an enemy I'd like to encounter that I was able to encounter easily. Most of the time the game makes the best enemies to see the hardest ones to see, but you might be lucky!

-A free Genji Shield, huh? I got a free Thunder Shield myself in my current game.

-I've noticed there's almost always an enemy that counters with Giga Volt. It pulls from the Aspik/Aspiran enemy. Unfortunately, it's generally too early to mute with Siren, so unless you have Runic(Giga Volt can be Runicked, which makes Gold Dragon even sillier), those guys can be a pain.

-HyperDrive?! In that house? I can't remember the last time I've seen a powerful enemy that early. HyperDrive can also be Runicked, but it looks like you got past that just fine, so whatever.

-It's not that I don't like the Ribbon, I just generally have something better to equip, as I generally favour Marvel Shoes, Safety Bits/Memento Rings, and various other things.

-I've come to love Giga Volt as a lifesaver with my free Thunder Shield, actually! Saves me from Magnitude 8 more than a Ribbon ever could. But yeah, I get what you mean.

-An enemy targeted another enemy with a Phoenix Down? That's...startling. I wasn't aware there were enemies that could target anyone other than themselves with items. It would be great if the other enemy was undead. That would waste turns for the enemies.

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - by Cecil188 - 04-14-2016, 03:36 PM