Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer)

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Quote:To be fair, saying don't ask for nerfs because of randomness is the height of laziness. Smile

Randomness isn't designed to be broken, it's designed to be random.
Enemies that do over 1000 damage with Giga Volt with 15 MPow against characters with normal magic defense on the Phantom Train is not exactly logical.

Randomness is not an excuse: random is random!
Not wanting to make some effort in detecting enemies's weaknesses is laziness Objection!
Random is not designed to be LOGIC!! it's quite the exact opposite, random is chaos(Beyond Chaos Tongue) logic is order, order and chaos are the opposite, despite that it's still designed to not be just stupid.

If you know something about statistics... if we took a range of values between 0 and 100(0 is bad, 100 is good), then if you pick a random number you can get something next to 0, which is bad; next to 100, which is good or next to 50, which is normal.
due to Law of large numbers, most of the times randomness won't be too much distant from 50, but rarely there will be some 11, 3, 15, ... or some 87, 95, 90,...

That's randomess, whether you like it or not.
If you want a range between 20 and 80(or even worse between 20 and 100) then you don't want Beyond Chaos.

Abyssonym already spent enough time in preventing unwinnable fight(in the storyline) if you can't beat someone right at the moment, that means...
1) you're not strong enough at the moment, escape can be an option;
2) you didn't search enough among your resources, or his weaknesses;
3) it's time to make a build just for that monster, you can't expect to winning, doing always the same things

If i'm not wrong i remenber Abyss said once that since random battles are optional, it was intentional to leave them stronger than normal or potentially more dangerous than some boss(depends on how much bad the randomization is)

Quote:And why did you only focus on two things?
Me? Take a look at my review about Beyond Chaos: it should be among first pages of this thread.

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - by Tenkarider - 09-14-2015, 08:14 AM