Poll: FFVI: Great game, or greatest game?
This poll is closed.
Great 35.00% 7 35.00%
Greatest 65.00% 13 65.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI: Relocalization Project

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
(07-05-2017, 08:45 PM)Dev J Wrote: I'll be forced to stick with 1.03 since you've made changes that make USME corrupt the game.

It's so odd that 1.03 works for you but 1.04 doesn't! It's all just text fixes. When you save the file it will mess up a few things - these are all things I have to manually fix myself before packing it up because FF3usME undoes a few things I had to adjust in order to get long descriptions and big battle text and so forth. So if you're experiencing messed up item descriptions that's what's going on - it's pointing to the wrong place now because FF3usME re-told the ROM to look in the wrong place for descriptions. You have to do a little hex editing and point them back to the right place. I can get you that info if you want it, I need to document things better anyway so when it's been a while I can actually fix things. It's been a couple years.

At any rate I have no idea why its suddenly only a problem in 1.04, it theoretically should have done that in 1.03 as well but I dunno. Also thanks for pointing me out that bugfix compilation patch - I may have to look into maybe just using that instead of managing the hundred or whatever individual fixes myself, especially as I get distance on it and can remember less and less about the specifics.... like right now!

And what's this about wrong ability names displayed in battle? This actually isn't something I'm aware of other than some ability names I messed up in previous versions and fixed in 1.04... mind sharing?

Edit: Looks like FF3usME does big/small battle text expansion itself now! Didn't even know it updated til now. All my work has been done on v6.7 and the text expansions I did (except the main script) were all done by hand so that'll be handy.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Fantasy VI: Relocalization Project - by DrMeat - 07-08-2017, 11:36 PM