Poll: FFVI: Great game, or greatest game?
This poll is closed.
Great 35.00% 7 35.00%
Greatest 65.00% 13 65.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI: Relocalization Project

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
(09-09-2014, 08:18 AM)seibaby Wrote: Just to be clear, fb-uncensored.zip contains ONLY the changes to tier 2 and 3 of the final battle background graphics, right?

Yup! It just contains some data from the battle background/compressed graphics pointer tables, as well as whatever data is different in the compressed graphics themselves. No pub signs or anything like that, if that's what you mean.

Quote:Speaking of creating new content, I discovered there are actually four Cafe signs. The first two come from the Town and Zozo tileset, and the third is the "coffee cup" sign from the Village tileset used in Kohlingen. The fourth one is part of the Vector tileset and is sadly unused, because of the giant steel beams obscuring the spot next to the door where the sign would be. Wouldn't it be neat if this piece of content was actually featured in the map? Well, I went ahead and made a map hack that moves the beams and places the sign where it should be. Takes all of two minutes to do in Zone Doctor so I haven't bothered to make an IPS, but I think it could be a part of a larger hack with the aim to restore unused content...

There's a cafe/pub sign in Narshe's tileset too. It also goes unused as far as I'm aware, but it's changed in that IPS from my previous post, nonetheless Tongue

It would be kinda cool to see a project that seeks to insert some of those unused or simply underused graphics! Give the game a slight facelift, in a way Smile
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Fantasy VI: Relocalization Project - by DrMeat - 09-09-2014, 05:40 PM