Poll: FFVI: Great game, or greatest game?
This poll is closed.
Great 35.00% 7 35.00%
Greatest 65.00% 13 65.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI: Relocalization Project

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
Excellent work, Dr. Meat! Finally every piece of graphics from the japanese ROM is able to be patched into FF3us. Quite an accomplishment, indeed!

I'm currently playing through a game of FFVI Randomizer, I'll apply and playtest this patch while I do that. Just to be clear, fb-uncensored.zip contains ONLY the changes to tier 2 and 3 of the final battle background graphics, right?

On a related note, I actually opened up the Zozo battle background graphics in Peer Sprite Viewer and discovered the same thing you said, that the signs there are actually part of the map tileset. I then went through the ROM with YY-CHR and replaced all the signs manually and made my own standalone patch before I saw this post. Ah well, it was a learning experience. Laugh It would be neat to find out where and how these tilemaps are stored so we could edit, import and create entirely new backgrounds.

Speaking of creating new content, I discovered there are actually four Cafe signs. The first two come from the Town and Zozo tileset, and the third is the "coffee cup" sign from the Village tileset used in Kohlingen. The fourth one is part of the Vector tileset and is sadly unused, because of the giant steel beams obscuring the spot next to the door where the sign would be. Wouldn't it be neat if this piece of content was actually featured in the map? Well, I went ahead and made a map hack that moves the beams and places the sign where it should be. Takes all of two minutes to do in Zone Doctor so I haven't bothered to make an IPS, but I think it could be a part of a larger hack with the aim to restore unused content...
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Fantasy VI: Relocalization Project - by seibaby - 09-09-2014, 08:18 AM