Poll: FFVI: Great game, or greatest game?
This poll is closed.
Great 35.00% 7 35.00%
Greatest 65.00% 13 65.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI: Relocalization Project

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
Well done. I don't think this one is redundant at all; it seems rather complete and a good effort at compiling many various small fixes. There are even some ideas in here that I haven't seen before, like incorporating the correctly-metered opera lyrics. I think that's a nice touch.

The only criticism I have is that this seems rather subject to a bit of feature creep. If the aim is a "relocalization", I would have kept the changes to concern ONLY the script, menu text and graphics, and let people choose to incorporate bugfixes and gameplay tweaks on their own. As it stands, this patch will conflict with many other patches.

This is just my personal opinion, but I believe that only by working together will the FFVI hacking scene truly shine, and that patch authors should carefully define and limit their scope and take care to implement their patches in a way so they will work together with other patches. No one person can do all the work, but if we work together, we can create great things.

Finally, any retranslation project, no matter how "official" it aims to be, is going to adopt the personality and quirks of the author. I would like to see some upfront commentary from you on some of the potentially dividing choices of phrases and characterization. Like, in your opinion, is Locke a brooding character? Or is he rash and goofy? Was Celes attempted suicide an act of the moment, or a defining character trait? Etc.

Oh and one more thing...

When you say esper butts, are you referring to Siren? Or did you actually successfully manage to change the battle background in the final tower-of-espers battle before angel Kefka to that of the original, uncensored FF6j?

While we're at it, did you change the CAFE sign in the Zozo battle background?

If not, and you feel the need to be complete, I challenge you to do exactly that. Smile I've tried, and it involves compressed graphics and stuff that I am not experienced with.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to seibaby for this post:
  • DrMeat (09-05-2014)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Fantasy VI: Relocalization Project - by seibaby - 09-05-2014, 04:17 AM