Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Starting my very first FF6 hack and had some basic questions.

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Aaaaand now I'm gonna be self conscious lol.

But regardless, okay. so Ragnarok/Magicite shenanigans is out. I still like the idea quite a bit. I might still use Ragnarok to get relics, and make Magicite 'major souls'. I'm thinking 5 pieces of Magicite at the moment. 2 as prizes from boss battles, 1 you can buy from wandering back alley guy, 1 as a story piece, or reward from exploring town, and 1 as a prize from a puzzle. I actually have a similar idea for Dance. Solving a puzzle will grant you a warp to an icy area for the elusive 8th dance. Might even make that a mini-dungeon that has the Magicite at the end! This is coming together nicely in my head.

I need to start planning out the SwdTech list, as well as the spell lists and possibly the Dance lists if I decide to edit that. I might not since it's already quite naturey as it is. I'm also undecided if I want the Magicite to have summons attached to them still. It seems like it would be clunky for what I'm trying to do. I keep fluxuating back and forth in my head. One minute I'm thinking that there's so much work to be done and I get overwhelmed, and the next it seems like it's going to be a cakewalk. I think it's the dirty room syndrome. It seems really overwhelming until you buckle down and start hacking away (hurr hurr, get it?) at one piece and see how managable everything is in bite sized pieces.

I'm going to go home and see if I can dig up their old character sheets for ideas on what they could do exactly and see how much of it I can emulate.

Edit: So I think I know how I'm going to handle the Ragnarok issue. At first I was really worried about trying to come up with a unique relic for every single enemy you can fight, but then I had an idea. What if it was done via grouping? Aka you get a rat's soul from every rat type enemy (were rat, peeper, etc.). I could come up with a few different soul types, and then assign that grouping to each group I'd like to run. I might run into a limit of how many enemies I can run though. I can't look it up now, but I think there's 16 different Ragnarok tables? So that should be plenty, and allow for an interesting customization aspect to Jago. Now to come up with something equally fulfilling for Zaida. I think I might just make her relics buyable in shops. Think that's too boring though?
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Starting my very first FF6 hack and had some basic questions. - by ArkthePieKing - 09-08-2014, 12:55 AM