Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Starting my very first FF6 hack and had some basic questions.

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hey guys. Sorry for the massive post and then disappearance. Life decided it had some curveballs it wanted to throw at me, and I had to deal with that.

Lockirby2, that's a great resource. Thanks a lot. The videos are a touch hard to follow along with, but it's 100% better than being left in the dark. I'll probably pour over a few of those tonight. And I absoluetly love the idea of a Ragnarok effect. The first thing that jumps out to mind is finding a way to make it only work on bosses, and then making those relics alter his skillset ala Gem Box or Offering. The idea of a Ragnarok effect is certainly a flavorful way of exploring his abilities, and I'd love to build off of that. Kudos. Smile

Madsiur, thanks for the reference. I'll look into that. I'm still largely unfamiliar with event editing in FF6, and even FFTactics. Truth be told I'm not much of a programmer, but I'm willing to learn.

GrayShadows, rats. Ah well. I didn't think it would be, but one can dream. I'll probably just alter an existing skillset or 2 and give it to them via levels. I may still explore Magicite as an idea. So how does this sound: Zaida learns magic via leveling up, Jago learns it via Magicite? Would it be possible to lock Zaida out of the Esper menu but not Jago, but still allow her to learn spells via leveling? I want them both to be different, but equally fulfilling to grow as characters.

Edit: I guess a quick and dirty way to do it would be to create a bunch of Jago0only equipment like the Thunder Shield and Imp Equipment that teaches magic when equipped, but that just seems cheesy.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Starting my very first FF6 hack and had some basic questions. - by ArkthePieKing - 09-04-2014, 02:02 AM