Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Is red card animation persistant?

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Hi!! I'm trying to edit the animation of the Desperation move "Red Card" of Setzer, but, unlike the others, the animation will never change, no matter what... I also tried to replace all his 14 bytes with the ones of Royalshock, but nothing changes... Sad

What determinates the animation of red card, inside the hex code? Objection!

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
I remember having the same issue for my Setzer replacement character. I remember that I had to put the 'extra effect' of the spell to Launcher (attack 8 times) and that seemed to change it then, for some reason. And it does not attack 8 times. This is done in the spell editor section, not the animation itself.

I'm not sure if it works though in all cases depending on the animation you are trying to use, but it might. I'm also not exactly sure why Red Card is a b*t*h to change, but it's probably due to it drawing the same animation as it does for the card weapon, though, making it an exception of sorts from the other spell/desperation attack animations.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
Atma
I could have tried that... if just i wouldn't had already put as extra effect the quick effect Sad

In the case... Is it possible to find inside the hex code the bytes that makes him attack with the cards and just replacing them with something else?

If yes, i'd like to know the exact position, thanks Smile

What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Does the Quick effect even work for/with a desperation attack?

You could try changing the card weapon animation in the weapon animation editor section I guess and see if it changes it, but the thing is that the weapon animations are less indexes so it wouldn't be as editable as a spell that has all the indexes etc., or even work the same way.

I'm not sure if the weapon animations are documented like that, as to locate the byte that is him throwing it and try to change it like that. Rather the animation of the character when using the weapon, I mean.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
Atma
Yup, quick works Wink
I tested any combination possible with desperations... even with ?? extra effects: 50% of them were glitchy, 49% of them looks like they didn't change anything and 1% were unexpected effects, like adding drain, chaining crusader to the desperation Surprised and other strange stuff...

I never took a look at the animations of ff3usme... always modified them directly from the hex code, i guess i can give it a shot.

PS. the spell animation editor handles only the 14 bytes of the spells, right? That's what it looked to me, seeing the magic spell animation editor...
Still i haven't got which byte modifies speed and sound fx.

The card animation is the n. 78... could it be a chance that, if i search in the hex, in the part that tells that setzer have to throw cards while using the desperation(wherever it is), i may find a 78 and be able to replace it and solve the problem?

EDIT: testing a bit i realized that it doesn't matter changing the animation... i believe that red card chooses as animation, the basic attack animation and does it 3 times in a row, before the damage: since it's an attack, it ignores the bytes of spell animation(byte 1-2 must have been used only to select the target and don't screw up the spell animation).
In the case my suspects were right, then i should find the byte who tells to do the attack, and change it to the byte that use a spell as animation... maybe it could be in the same byte that appears inside the other desperations...

PS. the launcher extra effect must change the nature of the animation: an attack shouldn't be able to attack in that way... so, instead of attacking, the animation could have been "transformed" into a spell animation(?) by launcher.

Find

Threads: 16
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
What you're saying, or will be that, you want to change the effect of the Red Card?
(I'm sorry if I wrong)

Effects of Red Card seems to be the effect of the card of the item.
And it seems to be set in the C1bank.

Code:
C1/ABEB:    A00200      LDY #$0002
C1/ABEE:    B176        LDA ($76),Y    
C1/ABF0:    C9F9        CMP #$F9
C1/ABF2:    D012        BNE $AC06
C1/ABF4:    7B          TDC
C1/ABF5:    9176        STA ($76),Y
C1/ABF7:    C8          INY
C1/ABF8:    A94E        LDA #$4E         4E=4D(Card)+1
C1/ABFA:    9176        STA ($76),Y
C1/ABFC:    20CDBE      JSR $BECD
C1/ABFF:    20CDBE      JSR $BECD
C1/AC02:    20CDBE      JSR $BECD
C1/AC05:    60          RTS

If you change the effect of the card, the effect of the Red Card will also be changed as well.

I think So, change the item ID of another here, that it is good be rewarded make as an effect of the Red Card the effect of items that you have changed.
  Find

Status
Atma
I've already chosen the effect of the red card spell, and it works perfectly...

I just need to give him a proper animation, related to his effect...
But the triple card attack animation is substituted to the standard spell animation.

As for other desperations attack like Riot blade or Royalshock, in which their codes tell them to do a spell animation(basing on the 14 bytes of the move), also red card must have somewhere a code that tells it to do an animation, but unlike the other desperations, this one looks like it does a triple normal card attack as animation, instead of the spell animation.

If i manage to find that code, i may replace the bytes that makes it do a triple attack animation with the ones that make do the related spell animation, as usual... Kungfu!

EDIT: i tried to switch
C1/ABF8: A94E LDA #$4E

And replacing 4E(cards) with 4F(darts)...
Is there a way to replace it with a byte that refears to red card spell animation, instead?

Find

Threads: 16
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
The animation of three attacks of Red Card, seems to be in the code that I wrote yesterday.

Code:
C1/ABFA:    9176        STA ($76),Y
C1/ABFC:    20CDBE      JSR $BECD
C1/ABFF:    20CDBE      JSR $BECD
C1/AC02:    20CDBE      JSR $BECD
C1/AC05:    60          RTS

Each time you remove one [20CDBE], reduces one animation to throw the card.
Thing more than this, I can not tell. I am sorry.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to tsushiy for this post:
  • Tenkarider (08-06-2014)

Status
Atma
Lol, you anticipated me of some minute.
Thanks for your help, that code revealed more useful than what i expected...
After analyzing it and taking a look to what was written right after, in the C1 disassembly, i had a great idea and actually found the solution!! Wink

BREAKING NEWS FOR EVERYONE:

Do you want to customize the animation of red card desperation, but you don't know how, due to the triple attack that cannot be modified?

I have the solution:
Those lines below of the code checks if you're going to use red card spell or not,

C1/ABF0: C9F9 CMP #$F9
C1/ABF2: D012 BNE $AC06

- If not... it jumps to $AC06(C1/AC06) and does the standard spell animation(the code that starts from C1/AC06);

- Otherwise it will do the code posted from Tsushiy and the triple attack animation instead of the normal one.

So... how to do that? simple... just do a JMP to C1/AC06 and even the red card will do the standard spell animation Wink
in C1/ABF4 i wrote 4C 06 AC, that will make happen the JMP.

Since this part of the code exists only for red card, the unchanged bytes before the RTS will become useless, you can change them in EA(no operation), if you want... that space could also be used for something else, i guess...

The only drawback is that he won't do the triple attack anymore, but you will be able to replace it with something really better.

I already tested it, and works correctly!!
If something strange will happen, i'll update this thread, anyway.

PS. Gi Nattak, about your Setzer, you used the extra effect launcher, to make it work. If you use this method... you won't need of that, and you'll also be able to add a different extra effect Smile

Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Tenkarider for this post:
  • DrakeyC (09-13-2017)