Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
FF6 Tenkarider's contest (accessible even to casuals)

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Well, I see now what I messed up, and it's not what you thought.

The minutes are labelled as 0:20 in game, and the seconds are labelled as 0:00:20. So this is the part that I was never able to work out:

Quote: - "It's 0:20_ <XOR> i'm talking about seconds"

meaning -> XOR is false when both the statements are true or false, so it might mean one of those 2 possibilities:
- seconds are 0:20;
- minutes are not 0:20.

I didn't know that the formatting of the time as 0:20 would allow it to count as either a minute or a second value (but not hour), so I wasn't able to get this far. That meant that this clue meant nothing at all to me, really...

Furthermore, I still didn't understand that you were referring to both halves of the "AND" and "XOR" statements. It led me down the train of thought that the clue from the "NOT XOR" statement was pretty much "The AND and XOR statements cannot both be false".

All in all, pretty much all I could do at that point was take a guess among the remaining values randomly.

Unfortunately, while I enjoy this style of logic puzzle, I feel this challenge was hindered pretty badly by the language barrier, which is a shame. This was something that needed to be clearly articulated to work correctly. In this case understanding the instructions properly was probably harder than following them! :O

EDIT: On a side note Tenka, are you able to access ID? I keep getting a "Resource Limit Reached" message.

Confused Moogles FTW

Messages In This Thread
RE: FF6 Tenkarider's contest (accessible even to casuals) - by Lockirby2 - 03-28-2015, 10:50 AM