Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
FF6 Tenkarider's contest (accessible even to casuals)

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
(07-24-2014, 11:47 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: I relied much on the fact that people, seeing moogle's shields may had think something like: "they have too much powerful shield for just being equipped on them, sounds fishy..."
Still a logic like that was feasible only for veterans(due to being the first task).

While that train of logic made sense, and I feel many would have come to that first conclusion, I'd guess that 90% of people would try removing them in the normal menu, make the perfectly reasonable conclusion that it is actually impossible, then give up (like Cecil did). Even if they tried removing shields in battle after that, half of people would attempt to remove it from the wrong moogle, think "this is silly, I already tried removing it in the menu," and give up as well.

It isn't even about being a veteran, really. I figured it out using a "find bugs" mindset, not an "FF6 strategy" mindset, if that sentence makes any sense. It wasn't a bug, but it was more like finding a bug than figuring out a puzzle, because puzzles are intuitive based on IRL style logic, but bugs are only intuitive if you are logicing out the game mechanics themselves.

That being said, you are keeping to your timeline, but it probably would have made more sense to ditch the puzzle aspect and just spill the beans on that one.

Confused Moogles FTW

Messages In This Thread
RE: FF6 Tenkarider's contest (accessible even to casuals) - by Lockirby2 - 07-25-2014, 07:09 PM