Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Copying to your ROM a song available on the Forum

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
(10-14-2018, 04:43 PM)emberling Wrote:
(10-14-2018, 02:05 PM)Lightning Wrote: Dang, I just realized that Tsushiy's instrument patch conflicts with many of the patches I have added to my hack.  That's a problem, because lots of the songs I want to use require his instruments.  Madsiur, I see that you created that patch - is there a way to make it in asm format so I can relocate the data somewhere else? 
Feel free to ask for songs to be reworked to *not* require his instruments, if that works better for you.

It's probably not that difficult to adjust the instrument patch the old fashioned way, but if it helps, I should be able to whip up custom instrument patches for any arbitrary parameters you need pretty quickly using nascentorder. Never really tested that as an ips working around other hacks, but it should work in theory. So we could set you up with something that takes up less space, located wherever, and possibly combining samples for tsushiy's songs with ones used by my _enh versions (there is a lot of overlap between those sample sets, but about 50% are different).

I expanded my ROM, so I think I should be fine. I also don't think the instrument patch conflicts with any of my other hacks as I initially thought. I already tested on my real hardware, and the expanded ROM runs without problems so far.  Just to clarify though, the enhanced versions of your tracks work just fine with tsushiy's instrument patch, right?  You don't have your own instrument patch that conflicts with his, do you? I am considering using one or two of your battle themes from Mystic Quest!
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Copying to your ROM a song available on the Forum - by Lightning - 10-14-2018, 04:55 PM