Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Copying to your ROM a song available on the Forum

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
Dang, I just realized that Tsushiy's instrument patch conflicts with many of the patches I have added to my hack.  That's a problem, because lots of the songs I want to use require his instruments.  Madsiur, I see that you created that patch - is there a way to make it in asm format so I can relocate the data somewhere else? 

I am actually wondering if Tsushiy's patch does exactly what I already did by moving the instrument data somewhere else. If that is the case, can't I just copy/paste the instrument bytes to the end of the data I already relocated?  Similar to what I would do with an inst.bin file.

(10-14-2018, 01:58 PM)madsiur Wrote:
(10-14-2018, 01:42 PM)Lightning Wrote: I don't plan on expanding the dialog at this time, but where do you I suggest I place the instrument data to be on the safe side?  You never know where my hack might take me later on!

Anywhere except bank $F0 would do, I think $F1 is also used for some FF3usME expansion but I don't recall exactly.

Ok, I will move it soon!
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Copying to your ROM a song available on the Forum - by Lightning - 10-14-2018, 02:05 PM