Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Copying to your ROM a song available on the Forum

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None

(10-14-2018, 03:24 AM)madsiur Wrote: If you add a new song (meaning your new song ID is $56) you need to move the instruments located at $C53F95-$C54A34, add your new instruments (32 bytes) at the end of the data block and change this instructions:

Code:
C5/01E2:    BF953FC5    LDA $C53F95,X

Ok, so I successfully moved the instrument data to a new location in the expanded rom, and I changed the reference at $C501E2. If I understand correctly, I just paste the instrument data for the new song I want to add at the end of the instrument data block (that has been moved).  If I add more tracks, do I just keep pasting the new instrument data at the end of the block?  If that is the case, then I will make a guess that the songs do not reference the point in which the new instruments are located or anything like that, right?

Edit:  Hmm, I think I got all the steps completed, but for some reason when I enter a grasslands battle (the one I chose to test this on), the overworld music continues playing instead of the battle music I added...  I even tried a few different songs to see if that would make a difference.  I don't know where I went wrong, but I went back and checked everything like 5 times.  Madsiur, can I send you my work via PM so you can glance at it and see if I missed anything?  I'm not sure if I'm supposed to edit the song data manually or something like that, but I can't seem to get it to work.

Edit #2:  Here are some pics of all my work until now:

This is the new location for the song index block of code (location underlined).  I added my new song at the bottom of the list (underlined) which I hope is ID 56. The instructions weren't very clear on what to do here in Step #6 if I'm not replacing a song, so I hope I did this right:
[Image: cLYzkBT.jpg]

This is the 3 locations (the 9 bytes) I had to change in Step #3:
[Image: 0RsXQtN.jpg]

The new song ID limit changed to 56:
[Image: e8v1bLY.jpg]

The song that I'm trying to add (the location is underlined):
[Image: mA3MpXM.jpg]

This is where I relocated the instrument code (location underlined).
[Image: DHpphk5.jpg]

This is the very end of the Instrument code.  The underlined part at the end of the block is the 32 bytes of code for the new song I added.  Is this the right place for it?
[Image: DFUoEAf.jpg]

This is where the new instrument block is located:
[Image: mB5OBaz.jpg]

For good measure, here is the new "backgrounds music hack" where I changed the grasslands track to ID 56 (underlined):

[Image: RvvndbK.jpg]
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Copying to your ROM a song available on the Forum - by Lightning - 10-14-2018, 03:45 AM