Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Copying to your ROM a song available on the Forum

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 237
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(04-27-2018, 04:54 PM)Mutteo Wrote: I changed the byes at $c53e5e from $55 to $56 and pasted the new song where i had blank space at $E4f32D and the pointer value should be 2df334.

Your pointer value will be 2DF3E4.

(04-27-2018, 04:54 PM)Mutteo Wrote: However I realized that I can't paste instruments there, can I?  Since that song didn't exist, there's no data for it.  Does that mean the instruments need to be allocated as well, if so how much of it, and where?

Usually one option can be to relocate instrument data right after song pointers ($C53F95-$C54A34), anywhere where you have space for all of them plus what you want tot add. One option can be to expand the ROM and use a F bank, as an example putting them at $F30000. That leaves you some room to write more song pointers but song pointers can be relocated as well like in the tutorial. It's not the way the tutorial was made so I might change this for the future. There's nothing telling the game something is out of range, so as long as you have room you can add instrument data.

I think only this instruction need to be changed if you relocate the instrument data:

Code:
C5/01E2:    BF953FC5    LDA $C53F95,X  (Table of Sample Indexes For Each Song, this determines which BRR samples to load)

It's nice to see people using the tutorial, don't give up!
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Copying to your ROM a song available on the Forum - by madsiur - 04-27-2018, 11:18 PM