Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Copying to your ROM a song available on the Forum

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Afterglow
I have a question about this. I was following the steps and I think I got it right so far. Since I have a headered rom, (thus adding 200 bytes to everything) I allocated C54096-C54194 to the $EEB101 spot, and I changed the place pointers of the 9 bytes mentioned in the tutorial. I changed the byes at $c53e5e from $55 to $56 and pasted the new song where i had blank space at $E4f32D and the pointer value should be 2df334.

Since 00 counts as a song and based on the music library I read, I figured song 56 should be 55 so I did the formula:
$EEB101+(0x55 times 0x03)=$EEB200 so there i put the pointer value 2df334 there

I tried to do the formula for the instrument pointer for said song C54195+(0x55 times 0x20)=C54C35

However I realized that I can't paste instruments there, can I? Since that song didn't exist, there's no data for it. Does that mean the instruments need to be allocated as well, if so how much of it, and where?

I decided to leave it out for the moment to test it. Since I have no idea how music gets called in the game, I attempted to use Zone Doctor and switch the music tab to 85___ thinking that's where it might be and saved it, but to my dismay when I entered the town, nothing was changed.

I've been trying to learn this stuff for the past 5 hours, and I feel like I'm close, but I need some direction here, if I may ask for some help on what to do, thank you.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Copying to your ROM a song available on the Forum - by Mutteo - 04-27-2018, 04:54 PM