Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Patch: allowing use of "reserved" palette colors for player characters

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
Ok, second go at this. I thought I posted this earlier, but its gone now. Sigh.

(08-14-2013, 01:01 AM)Eggers Wrote: Edit: By the way, did you have a chance to test the version I posted tonight? I'm interested in feedback on the speed. I thought the speed was "good enough" even last time. But I was probably being too easy on myself because I'm excited to have a "working" version. Wink And to see progress over how bad it was before. Even I knew it was bad the first time.

The third revision is even better, though.

Now THIS is what I'm talking about. This is 100% acceptable in my mind. And will use this in my hack for sure. However, I need the code placed in another part of the expanded data. Can you maybe make a quick patch with the code moved to F4/E000 (or maybe give me the current addresses that have jumps so I can edit it myself without having to disassemble the code)?

If you dont mind me asking: What is your background? Between this and your post about making long jumps use less space, it's obvious you have a solid history with the SNES. This is more than just good programming sense.

(08-14-2013, 01:01 AM)Eggers Wrote: And then make, like, every character a playable character. (Because obviously 14 playable characters is not enough...)

Working on this now, as I see you've already noticed Tongue

Since the SRAM is empty after $1E00, we should hypothetically only need to alter how far into the sprite IDs your code looks for sprite sheets to change the total number of sprites this applies to, correct? I say this because as I expand the battle sprite pointers, I may need your code to recognize the new sprites when they appear in battle. Are you using the games battle sprite pointer list when you are checking/writing to sprites?
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patch: allowing use of "reserved" palette colors for player characters - by B-Run - 08-14-2013, 10:35 AM