Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Patch: allowing use of "reserved" palette colors for player characters

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
This is absolutely brilliant. When I get time (probably not til next week), I will definitely pick apart your code. For the longest time I wanted to make a patch that allowed all 16 colors, but am a total n00b when it comes to the graphics engine. But THIS is right up my alley, pure logic in the loading. I'm sure I can get this down to a nice compact code. This will help me a freaking ton in my hack. Thank you.

Edit: it looks like your JSL is wrong. It's jumping to F1/00FD instead of F1/01D9 where you told us to put the code. It eventually gets to the code, but just thought you should know.

Also, this doesn't seem to be working for me. ZSNESW will hang forever, and snes9x crashes after a moment. In my snes9x debugger I am trying to see where it breaks down. I see its running F1/0207 to F1/0265 over and over but I think that's intended... again, I haven't had a chance to look at the code yet.

Edit 2: To help me out a little, can you give me a quick rundown of how the game interprets the sprite data in relation to how it extracts the color in the palette that gets used (for the sprites themselves, not for your patch)? I see that there is 1 nibble for each pixel in a spritesheet, I'm assuming that means each nibble corresponds to a pixel, but looking at the data, I don't see how this maps to the actual spritesheet unless it goes in some weird order.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patch: allowing use of "reserved" palette colors for player characters - by B-Run - 08-10-2013, 10:37 AM