Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The colosseum, temporary character , FF6LE and graphics change

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 149
Thanks Given: 160
Status
Nattak\'d
(10-29-2011, 02:06 PM)Madsiur Wrote: Is it possible to use the empty maps in FF6LE?[/b] I have been able to created new areas in the existing maps where there is empty space but when I try to edit a unused map number, the level editor gives me an error when I save the level saying that there is too much tiles.

Yes, you can use the empty maps, but only the ones that are labelled as
'nothing' not the ones that are called 'dummied' or '______'.
And there is a bug in the FF6 Level Editor that will prevent you from making an exit to any map AFTER map 100, but thankfully the older and not so much used at all anymore Level Editor made by Sleepydude will allow you to place the exits--

--so you can create the map in the New LE, and place the exits via the old one. The nothing maps you can put a very large map if you wish, custom, or just import the map properties and tilesets from other maps as well. I've placed very large maps in there, so you shouldn't be seeing that error with the empty maps. Be very careful, that error can ruin your ROM. Some maps like Daryl's Tomb have been known to get erased and thus a corrupt ROM, so make backups like crazy and if you do get the error upon saving, scrap that ROM. This comes from experience lol, trust me.

As for the Colosseum, just know if you plan on using the pre-existing event, you need to have the same amount of NPC's on the map, or their ID's will be off and it won't work. A whole new Colosseum with a new item and betting list though? Heh, I have no idea, sounds practically impossible.

I'll try my best to answer a couple more tomorrow.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • madsiur (07-28-2018)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The colosseum, temporary character , FF6LE and graphics change - by Gi Nattak - 10-30-2011, 12:21 AM