Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The colosseum, temporary character , FF6LE and graphics change

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Welcome, Welcome!

(10-29-2011, 02:06 PM)Madsiur Wrote: 1) I want to make the colesseum available in the WOB. I don't think it is a hard thing to do but I would like that the item won and the monster fought be different than what it is in the WOR. I haven't found where this data is stored but my idea would be to created a new "array" with the item number, the monster fought and and the item won. I would then the change the function that check for the data wen you bet an item and depending if a certain event bit is clear (it would be set after the floating continent), it would go check in the new "array" of the WOB instead of the default location. To resume, where is the data and the fuction(s) concerning the collosseum?
Might want to ask this question to Gi Nattak, in his hack he has the colosseum available in the WOB.

(10-29-2011, 02:06 PM)Madsiur Wrote: How can I make a non-equipable character equip weapons, relics and armors?

If it's Umaro, there's a patch on this site that allows Umaro to be equippable. Now, if you were to allow every character that is in your party at a certain point in the game to be equippable, you'd run into some issues. While Leo can be equipped with rods, swords, shields and claws, he cannot equip relics. If you remove Banon's equipment, you won't be able to re-equip him at all [b]] at any point of the game. I suspect the same problem happens with Biggs/Wegde. I have a theory of why it's like that, but I haven't taken a look on how to solve it.

On the status growth question, Lenophis from the slickproductions website released a patch that has every character have status growth. Check the "FF6 patches" section of his website.

(10-29-2011, 02:06 PM)Madsiur Wrote: 3) Is it possible to use the empty maps in FF6LE?
I think so.

(10-29-2011, 02:06 PM)Madsiur Wrote: 4) Where does FF6LE store the new event tiles or the new NPCs that we created? I have checked where those data are stored but it's not at the end of the NPCs data or at the end of the event trigger data unless I haven't checked properly. On a close subject, is it possible to have more event tiles that what FF6LE limit us?
Don't know, you might want to ask the creator of FF6LE. Or maybe try the slickproductions forum. According to lenophis, it's possible to move the dialogue bank to another place in the rom so that you have more space to create custom events. Check with him on this one.

(10-29-2011, 02:06 PM)Madsiur Wrote: 5) I have realized that there is not much empty space for new monster sprites. I have been changing some monster colors from 16 to 8 colors and that does save some space but sometimes those monsters don't look really good in 8 colors. Anyway, is there a trick to have more space for monsters sprites besides setting the color to 8 bit, erasing some existing sprites or resizing the sprites from 128x128 to 64x64? I'm using FF3SE and I beleive that if I move the monsters sprite data somewhere in the F bank(using a 32 bits expanded rom) and edit the functions related to that data, I won't be to use FF3SE to edit those sprites.
There's a patch somewhere that relocates monster data so that you can have more custom monsters. I can't recall where. Maybe Master Zed's website?

(10-29-2011, 02:06 PM)Madsiur Wrote: 6) I've been starting editing some graphics with YY-CHR. I've chages the treasure chest (sub)tiles and now they look like the treasure chests in Chrono Trigger. I know you can edit the palettes with YYCHR or FFUSME but how can I know in which other (sub)tiles this specefic palette is used? And is it possible to copy/paste a 8x8 or 16x16 sprite(tile) from gimp to YY-CHR or do I have to draw everything manually?
This is out of my field, I'd rather do custom events Tongue. Zeemis might be able to help on this one.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The colosseum, temporary character , FF6LE and graphics change - by Angelo26 - 10-29-2011, 08:30 PM