Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation"

Threads: 14
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
My reply to this thread is at a bad place, following Angelo's heh, but this seems like an awesome idea Smile
Many hackers are/have working/worked on such a patch, but this one seems very promising! I can't help too terribly much but if you ever need to ADD text to a particular scene, (i.e. You want to add more dialogue in a scene because of an original vagueness in Ted Woolsey's version) hit me up and I can provide some event instructions for adding some text.
I hope I'm understanding you right, you're translating (probably not the correct term, but it's all good) the game to your very own, intended version and not the GBA version?
If so, then I can see where you might wish to add more text here and there and I'll do my best to provide offsets and instructions to display more text and the various ID's of the text so you can edit it in FF3usME. Wink
Contrary to a lot of belief, a good portion of text placed in the FF3/6 ROM is unused. Not to mention there's text that you might not care for that can be used, namely from NPC's.
So yeah, this is just me offering any assistance I can in the "field" text arena. Battle and Menu text is WAY more on Angelo's arena. But even still, Angelo is an uber awesome event editor so if I'm not around, he can defintely help ya in that regard too Laugh
Best wishes to this project!

P.S. Remember, the <EOP> instruction via FF3usME in the text editor is your best friend! Laugh I'm sure you already know of it but just wanting to get it out there :p

*UNRELATED P.S.S. I should probably edit my signature photo saying 500 x XX pixels heh. Sorry about that forum leaders, haven't been here awhile :p

[Image: funnysiga.jpg]

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
http://www.youtube.com/user/xJCSx1
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation" - by xJCSx - 10-15-2011, 12:23 PM
RE: Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation" - by Maël - 10-18-2011, 07:14 PM
RE: Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation" - by Maël - 10-16-2011, 10:22 PM
RE: Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation" - by Maël - 10-19-2011, 12:07 AM
RE: Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation" - by Maël - 01-06-2012, 10:08 PM
RE: Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation" - by flamemasterelan - 06-05-2012, 12:00 AM