Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation"

Status
None
I'm not, but I'm currently replaying FF6A to check NPC dialogue just in case (I'm at the WoB), so you can tell me what you need. I've been messing with this for more than a year, it's too late to drop this.

My own script is based around GBA, the Lina Darkstar translation and KWhazit's own translation (sadly incomplete) while leaving some SNES lines if they convey the meaning well enough, and putting my own spin in the dialogue localization of some lines, while not altering the original meaning (Adapting the dialogue is important - an overly literal script can be boring and hard to follow, but changing it too much detracts from the original. I consider Woolsey's and RPGone's the opposite extremes of that scale). Somehow it's ending up smaller in size, I think it's because of my choice in words.
Also, I'm formatting the text boxes like in the Japanese version:

Quote:__________________________
|Guy 1: This is a short example
| of the indent I'm using.
|Guy 2: It's like in the original
| Japanese version.
|_________________________
| begins, right?"
| at least in the original font.

Oh, and about my goals:
- Make item, monster and spell names closer to the original or closer to the rest of the FF games (Done)
- Use long spell names + class names (I used Angelo's patch for this).
- B button dash (I was gonna use MasterZed's patch)
- Restore graphics (Pub sign -gonna use YY-CHR-, censored espers and enemies and original FFVI logo - the last one is the most important)
- Fix the evade bug and sketch bug, not sure if I want the rippler and multi-stealing bugs fixed
- Optional, most likely I won't do it: Put the Czar/Kaiser Dragon as a superboss.

Now, I was working on a ROM patched with Angelo's long spell name fix (which it requires a clean ROM), then editing with FFusME and WindHex (for the long spell names) and I tested the graphic fix patches I found (FF6 logo by Yazoo and original graphics by Terii Senshi), but the enemy graphics glitched out badly. I tried patching the other way around, but everything disappeared once I applied the long spell name IPS. Maybe there's another way to change both things without one conflicting with another. For now I'll keep working in the script.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation" - by SXV - 10-14-2011, 10:57 PM
RE: Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation" - by Maël - 10-18-2011, 07:14 PM
RE: Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation" - by Maël - 10-16-2011, 10:22 PM
RE: Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation" - by Maël - 10-19-2011, 12:07 AM
RE: Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation" - by Maël - 01-06-2012, 10:08 PM
RE: Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation" - by flamemasterelan - 06-05-2012, 12:00 AM