Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation"

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
(10-08-2011, 06:23 PM)Aegis Runestone Wrote: Goals
-Add class names (Status: Not started)
-Restore skill names to their proper name (Status: Not started)
-Restore Spell names (Status: Not started)

My patch will help you accomplish some of your goals, did you check it out? https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...p?tid=1127

Here are my comments on some of your goals:
(10-08-2011, 06:23 PM)Aegis Runestone Wrote: Goals
-Change the one-column item slot to a two column item slot (Status: Not started - not sure if I want to do it*)
-Restore item names (Status: Not started)

To have two-column items, I believe you need to be quite knowledgeable in writing assembly code to change the way in which the game writes item names...sounds complicated XD

With regards to restoring item names, I've tried many times in the past, with mixed results. In a nutshell, the game fetches item names from a specific location and displays them in battle and in menu. I've had an almost guaranteed success in restoring item names for the menu, but a problem persists when displaying items in battle...The problem is, when you expand item names to say, 16 letters, when you access edgar's "Tools" command, the names are messed up and there's no way to fix the problem.

See the issue in more detail here: http://slickproductions.org/forum/index....pic=1489.0

Hope that helps!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation" - by Angelo26 - 10-08-2011, 10:57 PM
RE: Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation" - by Maël - 10-18-2011, 07:14 PM
RE: Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation" - by Maël - 10-16-2011, 10:22 PM
RE: Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation" - by Maël - 10-19-2011, 12:07 AM
RE: Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation" - by Maël - 01-06-2012, 10:08 PM
RE: Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation" - by flamemasterelan - 06-05-2012, 12:00 AM