The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation"

Threads: 8
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Final Fantasy VI - The Redemption Translation for SNES FF3.

Statement
-I am attempting to make my own translation for the SNES version of FF6 using FF3 as a base that will work on most, if not all emulators; BSNES in specific. I'll be using tools like Atlas, FF3usME, patches that are already proven to work with BSNES, and the GBA version of FF6 for reference. I will need help for this project, hence why I am posting it here. When all the script comes together--the Main Script, the NPC Script, etc.--I will look over it, make final calls on grammar errors, apply the fixes and release the translation as a patch! I know this is a large, and hard project I've undertaken, therefore, I will need help (as stated before) from anyone who has the desire to help.

Current Version: 0.60

Download: N/A

Screenshots:

Restored Logo
Introduction Shot (using Poco Loco's GBA font)
Wedge talking about the frozen esper (see above for font)
Biggs's unease about Terra (Same font; changed script)

NOTE: You'll need the FF3 rom, not the FF6 rom.

Creator
-Aegis Runestone- Job: Main Script/Item/Spell names/Esper Names/Ability Names/Enemy Names

Assistants
PJM
Angelo26

Beta Testers
(I obviously will need beta testers to make sure the rom works on BSNES without corruption to the .srm file)
the_randomizer

Coders (?)
If the current patches that I have do not work with BSNES (I have the word of one person that they do), then I'll need a coder or two to get what I want done.

Statuses
-Applied - This item has been patched/changed.
-Ready - The item is ready for patching, but not yet used.
-In Progress - The item is a work in progress and not finished yet.
-Just started - This item is just barely beginning to be worked on.
-Not started - This item hasn't been touched yet.

Goals
-Restore the FF3 Logo to the original FF6 Logo (Status: Applied)
-Bring in the GBA script with some of my own changes (Status: In Progress)
-Change grammatical errors in the script (Status: In Progress)
-Change the one-column item slot to a two column item slot (Status: Not started - not sure if I want to do it*)
-Add class names (Status: Ready)
-Restore skill names to their proper name (Status: Ready)
-Restore enemy names (Status: Not started)
-Restore Spell names (Status: Ready)
-Restore item names (Status: Ready)
-Increase the character limit for items and descriptions (Status: Ready - Sorta)
-Reduce font size so that the GBA script can fit in the text boxes (especially the opening script) (Status: Applied)
-Fix the Evade Bug (Status: Ready**)
-Fix the Summon Animation bug (Status: Ready)
-Fix the Psycho Cyan bug (Status: Ready)
-Fix the Rippler bug (Status: Ready)
-(Optional) Fix the Vanish/Doom bug (Status: Ready)

*I've been told that a one-column item menu is better than two columns because I'd have more space to work with. I want to try a two-column first, and if it doesn't work, then a single column one.
**The patches given to me may or may not work well with BSNES, I only have the word of one person. Thus, I may need some coders for help since I can't code worth beans.

Planned Programs to use:
-FF3usME - Change font, etc.
-Atlas - Modify text
-??? - Character length increase, etc.

Current Issues:
-None

What do I mean by "Redemption?"
-I am redeeming FF6 from bad grammar.
-Redeeming it from a buggy Japanese->English translation (no offense to RPGone) on BSNES.
-Redeeming it from the normal FF3/6 bugs.

Why do you call it a "translation"?
-Because "rewrite" sounds lame, and it is technically translating one script to another (if someone has a correct term for this type of project that is better than "rewrite" I will accept it).

Why BSNES?
-BSNES is a clean, accurate emulator that is great to use. It's my preferred emulator. Granted, Snes9x has come a far way itself, but I just prefer BSNES.

Credits
-Angelo26 for the Restored Names patch.
-Poco Loco for the GBA font.
(This will be updated later. I promise. Names of those who made GBA FAQs will be placed here, as well as people who made the patches).

Comments? Suggestions? Volunteers to help?

[Image: AegisBanner01.png]

Messages In This Thread
Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation" - by Aegis Rstone - 10-08-2011, 06:23 PM
RE: Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation" - by Maël - 10-18-2011, 07:14 PM
RE: Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation" - by Maël - 10-16-2011, 10:22 PM
RE: Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation" - by Maël - 10-19-2011, 12:07 AM
RE: Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation" - by Maël - 01-06-2012, 10:08 PM
RE: Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation" - by flamemasterelan - 06-05-2012, 12:00 AM