Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation"

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(02-26-2012, 11:49 AM)PJM Wrote: I'll try to explain it the best I can, and Aegis can correct me if I'm wrong...

I gave him my GBA Script and my restored ability names patch (moved to the F2 bank) and he then applied the dialogue hack in FF3usME. The script imported fine, but when he tried to make changes to the newly imported script inside FF3usME, it gave him an error saying not enough bytes, and showed a negative number next to the bytes remaining. He also checked to make sure the hack was still applied and it was.

Well I don't know what to say but I'm not sure that it's FF3usME fault...Does it show a negative value right after the import or does it drop suddenly to -2297549 bytes when you try to change a caption after the import?

If it shows a negative value right after the import, it might be the format of your text file that is wrong or something, I don't know...

As for the restore ability names patch, I don't know exactly what does the patch change in terms of bytes and unless there is a conflict in the F0 bank (F0/0000 to F0/FFFF), where the dialogues expansion is, I doubt it's because of the patch. Even if there was a conflict, it wouldn't explain the -229759 because the original dialogues takes up to 124149 bytes. I don't know about the size of the GBA dialogues though.

(02-26-2012, 11:49 AM)PJM Wrote: I tried recreating this but was unable to :/

Same thing here. I exported the original script, made a few change to it and imported it in a unmodified ROM and in a expanded ROM with the dialogues expansion patch applied. In both case the importation went fine and I was able to make changes to the dialogues afterwards. I even had about 7900 more free bytes after the import, most likely because of the optimization of the script. So I think the import feature works fine, but we can't test the infinite amount of possibilities...

The only thing that did changed is that the text of some captions was starting on the second lie instead of the first, but that has nothing to do with the problem that occurred to you guys.

What I suggest is retrying to import your script with another ROM and if you already done so, well maybe try to contact Lord J if the problem persist.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation" - by Maël - 10-18-2011, 07:14 PM
RE: Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation" - by Maël - 10-16-2011, 10:22 PM
RE: Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation" - by Maël - 10-19-2011, 12:07 AM
RE: Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation" - by Maël - 01-06-2012, 10:08 PM
RE: Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation" - by madsiur - 02-26-2012, 05:06 PM
RE: Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation" - by flamemasterelan - 06-05-2012, 12:00 AM