Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation"

Status
None
(12-24-2011, 12:51 AM)PJM Wrote:
(12-22-2011, 10:27 PM)the_randomizer Wrote: I've been wondering how you're going to re-translate a few spell/ability names, more specifically, the Magitek spells. For some reason, デジョネーター (dejoneetaa) translated into "X-zone" or "banisher", neither of which made sense in my opinion, how would one translate such a weird anomaly? It's been bothering me for a long time.
I can only speak for myself of course, but I don't believe we are re-translating the original japanese, just importing the GBA script, and making subtle changes to that. Just out of curiosity though, what do you think would make sense?

I hope this is still relevant — I've seen the same Thing used in some Kingdom Hearts Games (also produced by Square, and directly related to Final Fantasy,for those who aren't aware) with the Romanisaiton "Dezonator" (the English Localisation used "Warpinator", with "Warp" replacing the Japanese "Dezone"). It looks more like "Degenator", possibly a shortening of "Degenerator", though that doesn't make as much Sense in Context.

Regardless, I believe "Warp" would be the usual Localisation, unless I'm thinking of the wrong Spell.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation" - by Maël - 10-18-2011, 07:14 PM
RE: Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation" - by Maël - 10-16-2011, 10:22 PM
RE: Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation" - by Maël - 10-19-2011, 12:07 AM
RE: Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation" - by Maël - 01-06-2012, 10:08 PM
RE: Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation" - by flamemasterelan - 06-05-2012, 12:00 AM