Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Creating a new area after Kefka has been killed (FFVI Dragon's Den in FF3 US)

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
(05-26-2011, 10:21 PM)danyetman Wrote: Yes, I took Visual Basic.NET in University, but that was several years ago, and the only programming language, I'm ashamed to say, that I'm reliably good at is...erm...Object REXX.

Laugh, and I shall smite thee with big...smitey...things...of smite-itude.

Don't worry, I'm terrible myself at programming, and I'm barely decent at C/C++.

(05-26-2011, 10:21 PM)danyetman Wrote: But back on topic:

"CA/019B: C0 If ($1E80($127) [$1EA4, bit 7] is set), branch to $CA02D5"

So, let me see if I understand this. $CA/019B: C0 is the instruction within the Hi-ROM bank of CA, which is basically just a convenient way of saying the Hex address of 000A019B gets changed to C0 from its previous value?

C0 is an instruction that is written in the C0 bank (the bank for all event instructions) to be used during events as an IF statement.

(05-26-2011, 10:21 PM)danyetman Wrote: I'd already discovered the "first time" instruction for Kefka's Tower, but I think I will take a look at the Thamasa/Esper Mountain event, though I was originally thinking of the Thamasa/Ebot's Rock event. Same difference.

The difficulty, I think, will be in finding a bit that is set after the defeat of Kefka and either before or after the credits in order to set up a save operation, followed by an event trigger that will 'unlock' the new area.

There's a document with all bits and their uses in the game, but I can't seem to find the thread in which it's posted.
EDIT: The event list document is here:

http://novaliaspirit.99k.org/ff6/file/ff...t_bits.txt

Messages In This Thread
RE: Creating a new area after Kefka has been killed (FFVI Dragon's Den in FF3 US) - by Angelo26 - 05-26-2011, 11:16 PM