Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Cyan's uncontrollable actions at Imperial Camp

Threads: 14
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Lol yeah I'm just glad to be able to get on the forums. But concerning your question, this is what the game normally does for "sequence" event bits. But in this case, this was not executed for these bits. I'll explain shortly.
The event bit at Figaro is a good example.
After you talk to the Matron at Figaro, it sets an event bit that makes it where if you go back to the throne room in Figaro that King Edgar will be there. But remember how he left the throne room once you talked to him for the first time? Well this is how this plays out...
Now of course just setting a supposed event bit doesn't make the game know what to do. So what it does is uses an "If" statement.
It'll ask "If event bit XXXXX has been set, branch to XXXX."
And then what follows is a series of events that do stuff for that event bit.
In this case, it would take Edgar's sprite or object, use a $D5 command to place him back in the throne room. But you wouldn't see this execute, of course. The game justs "asks" that after the bit has been set.
So that way, once you get done with talking to the matron and go to the throne room, Edgar is there. The cool thing is all the background stuff.
But anyways it would be easy in normal circumstances to just search for the sequence in the event dump for that "If" statement that follows with code to make Cyan uncontrollable.
However, these operations are not 'Bank C commands.' It's in a different "mode" so to speak.
So you won't find an "If" statement concerning that event bit in the Event Dump. I scanned the "C" Disassemblies but anything concerning the such wasn't there or hasn't been recognized/translated to syntax yet.
What I recommend is asking Leno or someone at SlickProductions on how to go about this. But definitely try out that 'enemy set' that Cyan battles the guards at and fiddle in FF3usME using that "Cyan fights alone" operand.
I wish I could be of more help ha but this isn't exactly Bank C commands.
And I could be wrong - there might not be an "If" statement for this event bit. But like you stated, there's then no way for the game to know what to do to make Cyan uncontrollable, so an "If" statement must be somewhere, yet in a different mode.

[Image: funnysiga.jpg]

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
http://www.youtube.com/user/xJCSx1
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cyan's uncontrollable actions at Imperial Camp - by xJCSx - 01-27-2011, 08:46 PM