Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Last Five Questions and I'll be Done :)

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
It's cool, it's better to have a thread open so everyone can learn a thing or two about some of this stuff.

3D Create Object 00
3D Create Object 0E
3D Create Object 0F
These are indeed Terra, Biggs, & Wedge, but it's not their graphics. An "Object" is a character or NPC's routine for an event. So when it is "creating an object", or $3D, it is creating the base for what will be that characters event.

What you want is here:
CC/9948: 44 Place character $00 (Actor in stot 0) on vehicle $40 (Magitek Armor) (Character is shown)
CC/994B: 44 Place character $0E (Actor in stot 14) on vehicle $40 (Magitek Armor) (Character is shown)
CC/994E: 44 Place character $0F (Actor in stot 15) on vehicle $40 (Magitek Armor) (Character is shown)
This is where it loads what character is on the Narshe Cliffs.

(Here's a small list)
"Character "$00" is Terra
"Character "$01" is Locke
"Character "$02" is Cyan
"Character "$03" is Shadow
"Character "$04" is Edgar
"Character "$05" is Sabin
"Character "$06" is Celes
"Character "$07" is Strago
"Character "$08" is Relm
"Character "$09" is Setzer
"Character "$10" is Mog
"Character "$11" is Gau
"Character "$12" is Gogo
"Character "$13" is Umaro
And the rest are NPC's.

Etc. Etc.

I will try and finish this list sometime, but for now you will have to experiment with higher numbers and see who they are. Just keep in mind that only the main characters have a complete set of animations.

OK! So now look for the "$44" which is of coarse the "Place character" command.
So the string of hex that is @ the CC/9948 offset "44,00,40" is telling the game to Load Terra, in Magitek armor. (The $40 after the 00 is of coarse the Magitek armor.) Other options are on foot, on Chocobo, and I believe even the raft as well.

"$0E" is the Begin action queue for character command. So "0E,00" would be the first part of how you would move, or animate Terra.

"The give GP to party command is $84 like you say. One example from the dump is:
$84 give 3000GP to party

Now of coarse in the hex editor it is not going to say "84,3000" But the following bytes after the $84 byte, IS how much gold the $84 will give you. I'm not going to give you a list of what number = how much gold, but mess around a little with different byte figures for the 2n'd byte after the "$84" and possibly even the 3rd byte, to try and get different amounts of gold. Just make backups of you ROM before doing it.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Last Five Questions and I'll be Done :) - by Gi Nattak - 10-03-2010, 03:04 PM