Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Last Five Questions and I'll be Done :)

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 148
Thanks Given: 160
Status
Nattak\'d
Try searching for the exact words "There's the town" I always find the event I want to edit by searching for the dialog I know goes with it. Note that you would actually want to look above that line, because the event itself starts before that line of dialog. Heres a head start:
CC/98EC: 6B Load map $0012 (Narshe, mountaintop (Terra / Vicks / Wedge in Magitek armor)) instantly, (upper bits $0000), place party at (11, 7), facing up

So what I would do is search for offset "C98EC" in SNES-HiROM, (the 1st C does not matter because that is the bank you are in, all events are in this bank) then subtract 0xBFFE00, OR press up a couple times (1-2) in the hex editor, and then do a hex search for "6B" the "load map" command, and make sure everything looks the same as it does in the dump. In other words I would try and get slightly above the address in question, and then search for a string of hex I see in the dump, to get to where I need to be.
I do it this way because my math skills are horrible, like I said.

0xBFFE00 is only like 1-2 screens up from the actual address listed in the dump.

And if you still cannot locate the exact adress, it is @ offset C9AEC. See how close it was to the address listed in the dump? Wow, now I am confused because that is a higher number... Subtracting wouldn't get that number, right? Sometimes you need to add 0xBFFE00 I think. I forget how you can tell. That's why I do it my way.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Last Five Questions and I'll be Done :) - by Gi Nattak - 10-01-2010, 07:46 PM