The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Last Five Questions and I'll be Done :)

Threads: 14
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hey guys, well I must say these forums have been a BIG help lately and I'm surprised I've made it this far (okay I'm still in Narshe but I'm getting there) However, I have 5 questions that have been confusing me lately so here it goes:

1. Probably the biggest and hardest one to answer but I just want to know what's required to accomplish this feat:
How do you make cut scenes? And I said that rather loosely - how do you make a command in the game to initiate the screen to move forward at different parameters and have my character sprites move where I tell them to? I understand the complexity of that question but I'm fairly sure it's not impossible (I've seen some nice hacks) but I can't really find any info concerning this topic. I'm getting pretty good at Hex Editing, finding Offsets, and changing various things so don't leave anything out if there is a way to make a cutscene. Smile But now that there is a way to make cut scenes, how do you erase the originals if such a thing's possible? I just want to erase a few not every one of them. Thanks nevertheless and this should be my hardest question of the 5 Wink

2. How do you make sprites? Okay I know that's kind of nooby but trust me, I've looked into it - I downloaded FF3se and it seemed like a decent program (save for the issue where if I change a monster's color, it changes every monster beneath it to that color) but whenever I go to make a monster or character portrait...I'm lost. It seems pretty basic at first glance, but I have terrible artistry skills on paper, let alone a computer! Lol, how do you guys make such awesome sprites with just a mouse? Is there some kind of tool you all use? Or is it just my operator error? After I gave up on making one, I just decided to download one from the Sprites Section. However, the portrait ones worked beautifully but the character sprites were a mess, so yea not really getting it ha.

3. How do you make an NPC, Save State, or place a newly made boss in the game?
Congrats on making it this far in my nooby questions but after watching ALL Zeemis's Youtube vids on his channel, I still couldn't figure out how you place the boss in the game. Do you just load up FF3 Level Editor and is there a button that lets you import a boss? (There's alot of buttons lol) But then that brings up NPC's and Save States, I think once I understand how to make sprites (see question 2) I'll know how to make NPC's but that raises the last question, how do you place your created NPC where you want it on the map? And finally here's my last question of this question (yea that's confusing), how do you make a save state? I've heard there really hard to do but if my ROM game that I'm working on is to succeed, I need to know how to make a save state ha.

4. What are Palettes?
I looked online to find a solution to the issue in FF3se where if I change a monster's sprite color to like a red color, it changes all the monsters to red Sad I finally found some guy saying it was an issue with the palettes and that you have to do something with them to make them not all change. I wasn't quite sure what to do but I do see a "Palettes" Drop-Down Menu on FF3se, but don't know what to do with it. So I guess it's 2 questions in one ha.

5. And the last one!
Do you guys know any way to delete specific cutscenes in the game? Or like start the game off somewhere other than the cliffs? I know this is kind of relevant to Question Number 1 but what I'm really wanting to do, is erase a good portion of FF6 and re-create new towns, places, and scenes. YES I understand the vast knowledge of ROM hacking this will require but I believe that I can do it, and I can promise that one day I'm going to have one of the greatest FF6 Hacks ever! I just need to learn ALOT ha but I mean everyone was a newbie at some point. Just don't leave anything out, I'm pretty bad with directions that are vague but also feel free to get as complex as is required!

Conclusion:
Well I thank you for reading this far, I must say, I'm looking forward to making my mod and using this site for all the help I need so thank you!
You don't have to answer all these questions, one question or two is great! I would just really like them all to be answered at some point though! Thanks again Smile

NOTE: I have these programs associated with hacking FF6:

FF3usME (v6.60)
FF3se
WinHex
FF3LE
FF3 Map Editor from Sleepydude
FF3 Table files
FF6 Ram Editor
FF6MDE

xJCSx

[Image: funnysiga.jpg]

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh