Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF6 Multitap

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(07-01-2021, 11:03 PM)Joshua H. Wrote: Well for one, I just stumbled upon your post.  I haven’t even had a chance to install your patch yet, so I’m not TELLING you anything. But I’ll do what I can to unpack my earlier stream of consciousness...

Yes, I’m just suggesting that you look into the music player, if you’re unfamiliar with it.  No, the two patches are most likely NOT incompatible.

There’s no way for me to clarify my statements about the config menu.  But I’ll do what I can to attach an image of the config menu below.  If you compare the image with my previous statements, then it may become clear...otherwise, I don’t mind being misunderstood.

Finally, your last paragraph was a trip. LMAO! Take a breath DUDE.  You’re way to pretentious for your own good.  I won’t even bother attaching that image file I mentioned earlier...

Any further response like the one displayed in quotes above will be reported.

Hi! 3 Main things I want to respond to here:

1. Sorry if my earlier response came across as pointed, or some sort of attack in some way? Try re-reading it in the voice of Commander Data for the intended tone.

2. I am familiar with the music player patch. I've not used it before, but I have seen what it looks like, and have the source code in my workspace as a reference for another menu hack I've been chipping away at between other easier projects. I don't recall seeing anything in there that should cause problems with the multitap patch. Though if you do also happen to stumble upon my notext patch, be advised that that one will surely have issues with the version of the music player that lives in the config menu where the stereo/mono switch used to be, as it also repurposes that switch for turning the dialogue on and off (which is noted in its readme).

3. As a general rule of thumb, I'd suggest trying out someone's patch before offering them up suggestions on things to do to it. If you do take this for a spin and come up with any ideas for improvements (or find any bugs or unexpected interactions with other patches), I'll be happy to hear your feedback.

Cheers!

(07-02-2021, 12:34 AM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Right on. I would love to try it out as well, if I only had some friends to play with lol...sigh. Well I have some, but they're not exactly the RPG-playing type Sweat
I watched the Brave New World fellas try it out the other day though, was really entertaining! And nice to see more updates rolling in.

Dan'll be looking for bodies to do the finale around 5:30PM EST this evening! I know there's one regular who can't make it, so it's gonna be a scramble to fill the roster – you should hop in! Wink
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to SirNewtonFig for this post:
  • Joshua H. (07-02-2021)

Messages In This Thread
FF6 Multitap - by SirNewtonFig - 06-06-2021, 09:12 AM
RE: FF6 Multitap - by SirNewtonFig - 07-01-2021, 08:01 AM
RE: FF6 Multitap - by Joshua H. - 07-01-2021, 08:39 PM
RE: FF6 Multitap - by SirNewtonFig - 07-01-2021, 09:49 PM
RE: FF6 Multitap - by Joshua H. - 07-01-2021, 11:03 PM
RE: FF6 Multitap - by Gi Nattak - 07-02-2021, 12:04 AM
RE: FF6 Multitap - by SirNewtonFig - 07-02-2021, 06:51 AM
RE: FF6 Multitap - by Joshua H. - 07-02-2021, 12:21 AM