The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Imp's Mapping (in development)

Threads: 34
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 11
Status
Moog
EDIT: Release Version!  Let's call it Version A.
Serity was helping me work out a graphical mechanics problem... that is, the desire to have Imp status show on the map for the character.

Surprised Kappa!

Here's what I've got so far:
*Correctly reverts when Imp status is removed.
*World, Field, and Battle will display imp, in the palette of each character.
*Imp Graphic has to be altered to look acceptable in all 7 battle palettes.

The world map part is really straight-forward, in the EE bank we simply add a check for Imp status and then change the graphics of the 'map display character' in the RAM accordingly.
The field map part is more complicated.  I've taken parts of the code that sets character graphics on a load, and injected them at a part of the C0 bank that runs more frequently.
And the battle part is the most complicated.  The update character sprite/palette function had to be replicated in a separate spot for the Imp call.  I tried to manage this with a less byte-intensive method, but I couldn't sieve out all the spots I needed to catch and flag a 'normal' draw verses an imp draw, which was resulting in palette errors.

Special compatibility consideration must be made if using this code with LeetSketcher's Imp Skimp.  The ips patches included in the package that are Imp Skimp compatibility already have Imp Skimp included, including the 'dead draw' correction mentioned in another thread.  You can also consult the included .asm files to see the difference.

Also included are recolors of the Imp sprite made by Lightning for the purposes of this code.  If you're looking to just plug and play, use the GFX version of the patch you want.

Attached Files
.zip  ImpMap.zip (203.06 KB, 6 downloads)
  Find
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to C-Dude for this post:
  • Gi Nattak (01-10-2021), Lightning (02-20-2021), madsiur (01-11-2021), SSJ Rick (01-16-2021), Warrax (01-10-2021)

Messages In This Thread
Imp's Mapping (in development) - by C-Dude - 01-10-2021, 06:52 PM
RE: Imp's Mapping (in development) - by Gi Nattak - 01-10-2021, 09:41 PM
RE: Imp's Mapping (in development) - by C-Dude - 01-10-2021, 09:42 PM
RE: Imp's Mapping (in development) - by Lightning - 02-20-2021, 02:33 AM
RE: Imp's Mapping (in development) - by Gi Nattak - 02-20-2021, 03:05 AM
RE: Imp's Mapping (in development) - by C-Dude - 02-20-2021, 08:37 PM
RE: Imp's Mapping (in development) - by C-Dude - 03-11-2021, 10:36 PM
RE: Imp's Mapping (in development) - by Lightning - 03-19-2021, 08:17 PM