Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Possible solution to the sap death bug

Threads: 34
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Moog
@Assassin
I was able to get xKas to spit out a binary file for me, which I could then transfer to the appropriate addresses in my own file using HxD.  So yay, I know how to do that now.

I had to alter your code to jump to the C0 bank and return long, since I lacked the space to fit it in C2.

It... somewhat works.  Seizure correctly triggers a monster's death counter, but it is not triggering the "Monster HP at or below <X>", the FC 06 battle script command.
I had to remove Imzogelmo's code (the block I shared earlier) to get yours to work, but removing Leetsketcher's Item/Magic counter patch (by coping the vanilla Hex from its associated addresses) made your new function do nothing.  I think there might be problems with my Vargas script, which I tweaked to handle bugs introduced by the latter patch (Leetsketcher's).

Here's my nonStandard Vargas script if you care to look at it.  I have yet to test your patch against any other bosses as I was having trouble here.
Setting seizure and standing around to wait lets Vargas bypass the 'Off with ya now!' event.
I think Vargas is a good monster to test these things on because he's got a lot of moving parts: he's got an in-battle event, a timer, a targetability toggle, and several HP checks (well, Vanilla Vargas has several, I truncated it to one).

EDIT: If struck once by anything (even a spell that does nothing, which my status monster casts IF a status is present) after Seizure is applied, the script will run as expected. So there seems to be an edge case where Seize is inflicted and then no other damaging exchange occurs.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to C-Dude for this post:
  • assassin (01-23-2021)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Possible solution to the sap death bug - by C-Dude - 01-22-2021, 10:04 PM