Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Possible solution to the sap death bug

Threads: 34
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Moog
(01-22-2021, 06:14 AM)assassin Wrote: C-Dude: what in blazes is "crackboom-sap" bug?  google comes up empty.  is there some new enemy whose counterattack script starts at a very high address?

are you up for testing my patch as well?  i'd like to see it put through its paces.  the download link is at end of my first post.

it's designed for a headered ROM.  being a beta, it assumes 107 free bytes at C2/6700, which probably conflicts with other patches.  if that's the case in your testing suite, then edit the free space addresses in each of the 3 .asm files, and reassemble them with the included .bat file.

any feedback would be much appreciated.

What I describe as a 'crackboom-sap' bug is basically what this thread is trying to solve.  A boss gets killed by a sap or poison proc, dying in a purple flash instead of triggering its on-death script condition.  The code from Imzogelmo I shared makes sure it does trigger that condition, but doesn't make sure the enemy hasn't been removed first!  So the boss will die in a purple flash, and THEN do its "Dies like a boss" animation.
I did repurpose enemy 0 as a very fast invisible monster to handle some extra battle reactions; its own counters could be interfering with things.

I'll give your patch a try.  I'll have to move it by hand instead of recompiling it, since I can't run xKas and Asar introduces errors, so it may take a while (and I don't have time to look into it today).
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Possible solution to the sap death bug - by C-Dude - 01-22-2021, 01:57 PM