Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Possible solution to the sap death bug

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
C-Dude: what in blazes is "crackboom-sap" bug?  google comes up empty.  is there some new enemy whose counterattack script starts at a very high address?

are you up for testing my patch as well?  i'd like to see it put through its paces.  the download link is at end of my first post.

it's designed for a headered ROM.  being a beta, it assumes 107 free bytes at C2/6700, which probably conflicts with other patches.  if that's the case in your testing suite, then edit the free space addresses in each of the 3 .asm files, and reassemble them with the included .bat file.

any feedback would be much appreciated.

----

Bropedio: oy, BNW.  while it's nice that the nATB aspect you describe might cut down on existing interactions, it sounds like the rest of it could introduce a whole rat's nest of new ones.

i recall reading that they made changes to relax some counterattack restrictions.  since your patch here also relaxes restrictions (as does mine), we're talking relaxation on top of relaxation.  seems like a recipe for wacky side effects, if not infinite loops.

more specific than the direction on the strict<-->relaxed continuum is *how* they overhaul some monster counters.  for instance, start reading at Post #43 here:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/554...i/74506707
(and read thru #71, if you have the patience.)

FC 06 instead of the venerable FC 12?!?!
this stuff is barely recognizable, and has aspects of duct tape and spackle to it. Tongue   i'm not sure how you can confidently make a patch that works on both vanilla and that, given their changes.  are they reversing some of them now that your patch goes at the bug more directly?  or maybe they've abandoned the wackier stuff with the passage of time?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Possible solution to the sap death bug - by assassin - 01-22-2021, 06:14 AM