Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Possible solution to the sap death bug

Threads: 34
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Moog
It was only the code changes in the first post. I'll try both his first and second post and get back to you.
I just checked the patch list and yeah, it's the successor patch by Leetsketcher. I want to try both of Bropedio's code blocks before I try to roll that back, though.

EDIT: Tried it with the code from the second post. In-line version crashed, which means it's definitely fighting another patch (and not a problem with this patch itself). Freespace version 'worked' in that it didn't cause any problems, but it had the same issue Bropedio's first segment did (HP level triggers were not activating). Removing Leetsketcher's Item/Magic counter code did not resolve that issue, and neither did removing Imzogelmo's 5 byte fix to the crackboom-sap bug (which I also had applied; found it in my notes).
Imzo's code doesn't so much 'fix' the animation as it does guarantee an on-death script occurs... which is really weird when sap triggers it because an empty space will quake and disintegrate.

Anyway, sorry I couldn't be more helpful; I'm not sure anything from my experience is useful.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Possible solution to the sap death bug - by C-Dude - 01-21-2021, 01:59 PM