The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
What's the best or most stable SNES emulator for PSP?

Status
None
Doubleposting from GBAtemp forums as it may be relevant to people here.

Currently use:
SNES9xTYLcm 0.4.2 Mod Rev. 28
Built on Sep 28, 2015 with GCC 4.6.2
CRC32 Hash: 0xEAC3358D

It has problems with freezing up on Actraiser, and is far too slow to play Kirby Super Star. It slows down during the title sequence of Actraiser as well.

If I leave the emulator by any means other than closing from it's built-in menu, saves are not written. Thus if it freezes and I haven't closed the emulator the correct way, my progress is lost even if I saved.

This is clearly unacceptable, and I'd like to know if there are any other emulators for the PSP, or if I should get a GBA and a flash cart instead (or if there are any other handheld emulation options that don't cost $400). A DS or whatever they are called would be acceptable if it can play romhacks and FFTA2, which I haven't played, but I know nothing about the different versions of that system and would need a quick rundown.

I want to play quite a few SNES romhacks but unless I can guarantee I won't be redoing large chunks of the game due to software failures there's no point in trying. If anyone else is in the same boat as me, I hope this thread assists them.

Messages In This Thread
What's the best or most stable SNES emulator for PSP? - by MysticLord - 08-20-2020, 10:13 AM
RE: What's the best or most stable SNES emulator for PSP? - by MysticLord - 08-21-2020, 05:21 PM
RE: What's the best or most stable SNES emulator for PSP? - by MysticLord - 08-26-2020, 02:22 PM