Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Plot Twists in Remasters

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 8
Status
Well-Fed
For my part -- and this is, as far as I can tell, an unpopular opinion, and may be because of how much of my life I've spent in certain kinds of fandom spaces -- I don't need fanworks to adhere to the original to any degree. What I'm looking for are changes that are given thought. Like, I haven't talked a whole lot about the story and character changes in Tensei, partly because I'd like some of them to be discovered as people are playing, but I'm doing a lot. Relm is a decade older, the same age are Terra, while Celes is in her forties (as befits a frakking general in a frakking army, ugh). Shadow's backstory is completely different. Strago's not in the party, and Relm's OC mother is the resident dancing geomancer. I've seen modders with stories/hacks that do this kind of thing get accused of 'thinking they're better than the original', and that's not the impetus behind it -- certainly not for me, at least. It's just... FF6, a few worlds to the left. Not necessarily better, although I do hope to add some depth in places, but... different. "Hey, what if...?" It doesn't work without the original to compare it to.

But then, I've been reading AU fic for twenty-five years, so. YMMV. I'll give every idea a chance; the writer just needs to convince me. Sometimes that's easier than others, but that's about the thought put into the change, not what the change is, or how many there are.

Current Project: FF6: Tensei | Discord ID: TristanGrayse
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to GrayShadows for this post:
  • Robo Jesus (03-11-2020), Turbotastic (03-17-2020)

Messages In This Thread
Plot Twists in Remasters - by C-Dude - 03-08-2020, 11:39 PM
RE: Plot Twists in Remasters - by PowerPanda - 03-09-2020, 11:51 PM
RE: Plot Twists in Remasters - by GrayShadows - 03-11-2020, 04:47 PM
RE: Plot Twists in Remasters - by MysticLord - 03-12-2020, 02:34 AM
RE: Plot Twists in Remasters - by DrakeyC - 03-14-2020, 10:53 AM
RE: Plot Twists in Remasters - by C-Dude - 03-14-2020, 09:12 PM