The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Widescreen hack possible? Any volunteers?

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Is anyone here skilled enough to make a widescreen hack for Final Fantasy VI? I think it would really help renew interest in the game and other hacks. There's a fork of bsnes that can show 448 width instead of 256. You can download the emulator fork here and see some screenshots of other games in widescreen here.

I wasn't able to make screenshots for this game because it doesn't render the way other games do. This and FF4 are the only games I've seen so far that do this. The Mode7 cutscene with the magitek armor goes wide just fine, but something is locking the width elsewhere. Also, battle scenes can't be helped, but overworld/town anything with scrolling will be wide.

[Image: ff6m1.png]

In the "Enhancements" part of the settings, choose "2:1" for Aspect and "all" for Widescreen. Disable Aspect correction and enable "Show overscan". This will show you the max distance you can render.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Widescreen hack possible? Any volunteers? - by FitzRoyX - 02-04-2020, 05:17 PM