Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
RAM $11E4 and adding Gau to a party?

Threads: 34
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Moog
Thank you Assassin. Knowing that the "Gau is Available" event flag appears to take precedence is reassuring.

Looking at the "On that day" script, they just remove him from the party. Since his normal WoR recruitment involves simply going to the Veldt to fetch him, that leads me to believe adding him to the party will fix any Veldt roaming.
I suspect this because:
(1) Cyan's dream removes him from the party in the same fashion as the end of the world (thereby setting the "on the veldt" status again).
(2) Cyan's dream simply re-adds him during Dream Stooges; no event bits relevant to the Veldt are set.
(3) After losing and recovering Gau in the dream, he isn't roaming the Veldt, implying there's some cleanup there somewhere preventing a double-Gau.

If it's not the case, though... I have another idea.
I can set up an enemy set to exclusively call Formation 458 (Gau returns from the Veldt). His caseword doesn't distinguish whether he's on the Veldt or unrecruited, so maybe I can check if it's set, call the enemy set with formation 458 if it isn't, and then jump back to the check. If the player scares him off with an attack, the battle will trigger again until he joins the party. Since the spot I'm doing this in doesn't have party selection and only has two characters in the current party, the loop would guarantee that Gau has his Veldt status removed before continuing.
A bit inelegant, but as a last resort it wouldn't be terrible. I'll let you know if that setup turns out to be necessary.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RAM $11E4 and adding Gau to a party? - by C-Dude - 12-18-2019, 08:50 PM
RE: RAM $11E4 and adding Gau to a party? - by C-Dude - 12-19-2019, 02:47 PM